Saturday, September 18, 2010

Loving when persecuted

Matthew 26:47-50
47
While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: "The one I kiss is the man; arrest him." 49Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, "Greetings, Rabbi!" and kissed him.

50Jesus replied, "Friend, do what you came for."

Are you willing to take persecution in a loving way? Can you take it from someone you love dearly? Or are you like me and when persecuted, whether deserved or not, rise up and fight back. I have hurt my wife many times over the years by doing this. She may say or do something that is hurtful, insensitive or above all disrespectful. I often respond in a way to make her feel the way that I do. That is NOT loving and is unacceptable. I have never felt persecution at the same level that Christ did, in fact I really don't understand it at all. Yet, He still responds in love to Judas when He knows what he was doing. Challenge: you can begin to love your wife fully when you respond to ALL she does with love, especially when it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment