Saturday, September 18, 2010

Challenges...

Matthew 21:23-24
Jesus entered the temple courts, and, while he was teaching, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to him. "By what authority are you doing these things?" they asked. "And who gave you this authority?"

Jesus replied, "I will also ask you one question. If you answer me, I will tell you by what authority I am doing these things. 25John's baptism—where did it come from? Was it from heaven, or from men?"

Jesus was often often challenged/questioned by people in the community, religious leaders, etc. He handled it with kindness and knowledge. I, on the other hand, do not take challenges well. When challenged/questioned at work and I often become defensive. I need to, as the leader of my family, need to have data to back up my decisions. This can come in many forms including personal experience, research, or learning from others experience. But more important than having data to back up my decisions I really need to respond to challenges from my wife with gentleness. The verse above is a bit vague on Jesus' answer but it does demonstrate a challenge and loving response.

No comments:

Post a Comment