Saturday, September 11, 2010

A closer look at our focus

Okay, so we have talked a lot about loving our wives as Christ loved the church. Trying to figure out what that means is the point of this blog, right?

Eph 5:23  says
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
1Co 11:3 confirms that by saying
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
So we have been looking at what that might mean.  Christ is our model, right?  And he carries the whole thing one step further, because it is not just about Christ, the church, husbands and wives...its about the Father:
Joh 8:28-32  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.  (29)  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.  (30)  As he spake these words, many believed on him.  (31)  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;  (32)  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
and

Luk 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
So, one additional focus of our conversation and thoughts needs to be what pleases the Father, and that should be where we are heading, because that was what Christ was all about, as he loved the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment