Saturday, August 7, 2010

Focused on the right things

Christ was love, and everything he did reflected the love of the Father. As I have been reading through John, I find Christ doing just the right thing at just the right time in order to express the love of his Father. We know from the narrative of the Gospels that he, from an early age was thoughtful, and seeking to do the will of his Father. He had a firm knowledge of the Old Testament, was thoughtful and spent time apart praying and seeking the will of the Father so that he could have the strength and wisdom to fulfill that will.

I am called to be the head of my wife as Christ is my head. This is a simple recognition, not too deep, but I have been lacking in doing the things that Christ did when he sought the will of the Father. Prayer, time in the word, and thoughtfulness. I have been more like the parable of the seed described the seeds that got choked out by the briars by the cares of this world.

I need to really be challenged to focus on the things Christ focused on so that I can be prepared to be Gracie’s head.

No comments:

Post a Comment