Saturday, August 14, 2010

Christ is the Son of God who died for the redemption of sinners and resurrected after three days. This is the greatest truth in the universe. I die because of my belief in Christ.

— Watchman Nee

So, do I really believe the first sentence? Yes. Do I live my life like the last one? No.

I should live my life, which a major part of is being a husband, like Christ. He gave himself up for the church. As I should put my wife first in all things. I often think of Keith Green's song "I pledge my head to heaven" when I consider my life purpose as a believer in the Christ! He knit the love of a husband and father to that of a warrior for Christ. As husbands, we are mandated to Love as Christ loved the Church. I will go as far to say that it is NOT possible for a man to love his wife fully without first loving Christ. Challenge: Run after Christ with your all and watch what happens to your marriage.

Well, I pledge my head to heaven for the Gospel,

And I ask no man on Earth to fill my needs.

Like the sparrow up above, I am enveloped in His love,

And I trust Him like those little ones, He feeds.


Well I pledge my wife to heaven, for the Gospel,

Though our love each passing day just seems to grow.

As I told her when we wed, I'd surely rather be found dead,

Than to love her more than the one who saved my soul
.
.
.
Well I pledge my son to heaven for the gospel.

Though he's kicked and beaten, ridiculed and scorn.

I will teach him to rejoice, and lift a thankful praising voice,

And to be like Him who bore the nails and crown of thorns.



No comments:

Post a Comment