Saturday, October 9, 2010

Peace

"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other" - Mark 9:50

When I last wrote, I discussed my pathetic attempt to protect my wife from someone who had injured her. That is very difficult to do by just a exchanging comments on the internet. Well this literary confrontation has caused stress in our lives. We have longed for peace.

Why does Christ tell His followers to "be at peace with each other"? My conclusion is He loves us and desires our energy to be focused on glorifying Him and not on attention getting, time consuming, and unpeaceful life choices. I, as her husband, will work to find places in our life that peace is missing and seek to establish it.

Daddy: Josiah, what is peace?
Josiah: I think peace is loving, obeying your mom and dad, and not doing bad things to each other

No comments:

Post a Comment