Thursday, October 21, 2010

Loving God.

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no greater commandment than these" Mark 12:29-31

My job, it seems, as I read this verse, is to constantly point/lead my wife to continual focus on the one God. How can I do this? Well I have ten years of marriage of how not to do it.

We are going on vacation this week and here is what I commit to do.
1 - Study, not just read, scripture together every day
2 - Pray intently, not just to get it over with so we can go to bed
3 - Be intentionally about our discussions, let them be Christ centered, not just everything but

the not just reflect what I typically have but not what I will do...

1 comment:

  1. I think THE primary thing is to love God yourself. Trying to get her or your children to love Him when you are doing it halfway yourself is, I think, completely and utterly worthless, if not hypocritical and thus causing more harm than good.

    Now, I'll admit that I am striving to accomplish this instead of actually accomplishing it. But I also think that them knowing that, especially with me verbalizing it to them, helps them to be sisters and running the race together with each other. This is pretty good for me. I've realized I cannot run this spiritual thing in my home WITHOUT them running with me and encouraging me and leading in some ways themselves.

    ReplyDelete