Saturday, April 16, 2011

Movies

Loving your wife is giving up things for her.

For a long time Patty and I have watched movies, upon further discussion and just plain observation of this love. I have concluded it is our method to escape from much of the pain we both go through. I am referring to the emotional pain of watching my daughter hurt. I know Abby is in a lot of pain but we really don't know why. Is it the cerebral palsy, maybe stiffness of joints or muscles, do her eyes hurt from ROP or glaucoma, does she just ache from sitting and lying down all day, could it be pain in her gums (seizure medicine causing swelling), constipation, what is it? We did identify she is hurting from reflux and she had a second surgery to correct it. It could be so many things; Patty and I would do anything to help her. All that being stated, by the end of the day we just want to escape.

So here is the problem, I felt like I was watching too much TV, well not TV per say since we do not have cable, but hulu, netflix, itunes rentals and so on. The Lord convicted me to stop. So I did 6 weeks ago. This video entertainment fast has been great for me. Patty misses watching/escaping with me.

So now that the foundation is laid. I have inadvertently taken her "escape" away. So, tonight we will watch. What, I am not sure.

Does this qualify as loving my wife as Christ loves the church? I am not sure, but it is loving her.

No comments:

Post a Comment