Saturday, January 8, 2011

Feeding and caring...

Dave, I am encouraged by what you wrote and it helped me think more about nurturing Patty...

Ephesians 5:29 "After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church"

After a seed is put in the ground we work to change the external influences, water it if no rain comes, tend the soil or fertilize (natural only of course), and perhaps fence in the garden to keep out predators. Feeding and caring for ones wife is to teach her children to bless her and to praise her.

Proverbs 31:28 "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her"

I know this is more reflective of her character but we should guide our children to do so and set an example to them by praising her. We should create an environment that is characteristic of showing love to her. Feeding and caring is challenging but raising children to do it is glorifying.
Suggestions that we use:
1 - the kids must respond by "yes mommy"
2 - you can be rough with daddy but not mommy
3 - every day J must ask "What can I do to help you?"
4 - Romance her in front of the kids.
5 - Always choose her to be first, whether greetings or food or whatever...
5 - Intentionally give her time "away"
I am open to suggestions for more whether what to teach your kids to do or what I should do.

p

3 comments:

  1. Patrick,

    Something I have started doing is asking R,

    "Does Daddy love Mommy?"

    He smiles and says, "Yes."

    "Okay, well while Daddy is away at work, I want you to love Mommy like you see Daddy loving Mommy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a good idea, I will try that with J next week. I still owe you lunch and how much for the coffee. For those of you reading, Dave is a premier coffee roaster and if ever in AL we can arrange a tasting. You see he is better at roasting it but I make it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick,

    You don't "make" coffee. You "brew" coffee.

    Get your coffee vocabulary up to snuff, please.

    The Barista!

    ReplyDelete